Loggerhead Shrike

The Loggerhead Shrike came back for a visit today. He perched up in our tree for just a few moments before flying away.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark IV Sigma 150-600 mm lens @ 600 mm, handheld through window. Settings manual except ISO Auto, f9, 1/1250, ISO 400. Edited in LR (lightly), and Topaz.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice head turn showing the prominent hook on the beak and good detail. For my taste, there’s a bit too much blue and I could see a crop off the right and bottom. Great shot through a window!

1 Like

A fine look at this Loggerhead Shrike. Superb detail for window shoot. I do agree with Allen about the crop.

1 Like

That’s a fine shot, Shirley. I’ve had difficulty getting one of these in the right light for good eye detail. I might also take a touch off the right but I really don’t have an issue with it the way it is either. Nice detail and sharpness.

1 Like

A nice pose, excellent detail and exposure, and I like that skinny twig perch, Shirley. You might think about taking a bit more off the bottom, though that could just be my prejudice.

1 Like