Lon's 2019 Favorites

Following some precendents… here are just a few of my faves from 2019. To make the choices easier, I decided just my favorite from each of my 5 trips to Yosemite Valley this year.

February Winter - caught a good snow storm:

March - Spring, Merced River Canyon

May - Spring, Dogwood over the Merced

November - Autumn, Newly found camera movement creations

November - Winter snow - technically Autumn, The Blizzard -

Lon, I’ll vote for 1, 3, & 4. The opening snowstorm uses that fine tree to show of the heavy snow very well. The dogwood blooms with the moving river is a great spring story. The colors in the first ICM are gently attractive.

I particularly like the angle of the trunk and the striped texture across it in #1. Nice collection, Lon.

Max

Real nice collection. 1 and last are my favorites.

I am also impressed with1, 3, &4. But the first one is the most striking for me because of the subtle colors and the diagonals from the snow.

A great selection of favorites, Lon.

I must be odd, Lon. I like 1,3 and 5 the best :grin: If you don’t mind a suggestion, you might take a look at cropping the bottom from #5 as all the solid bright down there tends to pull my eye, but I love the vertical lines with the diagonals superimposed on them.

Lon, what an impressive set! The first and the last ones make my heart melt. I have to confess that you have rekindled my fire for Yosemite. I have not been in a long time feeling that there is nothing to shoot there anymore. You have shown me otherwise.

These are some very striking and artistic shots, Lon! I particularly like the tree in the snow storm. The subtle lighting and colors and the snow striping are attractive plus tell the story of the storm. A great collection for 2019!

These are all great Lon, it looks like you had some very memorable trips to Yosemite this year. My favorites are #1 and #5, I guess I am just a sucker for diagonal blowing snow. Image #1 is a Yosemite classic, the hint of color in the leaves is just wonderful. Image #5 is one of the most creative ICM images that I have seen in a long time, it really makes you stop and think. And I love the subtle warm colors in the trees. Just a beautiful set of images, I enjoyed seeing these again.

Lon, a good way to roll over to the new year here with reflecting back on our keepers from the previous year. I recall most all of the scenes here except the Merced River Canyon. That one really caught my eye. Excellent image. I really like that one. It might be making a bigger impact at this moment based upon having reviewed the others in the past. But, maybe not. I think it works really well in the end… :+1: :+1::sunglasses:

Excellent, Lon. The fact that you can go to a place full of icons that have been shot to death and come away with these unique images is amazing. All excellent but #1 is a real killer.
:vulcan_salute:

Lon,
I thought I had commented on your wonderful selection of favorites, but I see that I did not. I think my brother said it best about coming away with unique and different images from a location that has been done numerous times over. I guess the key is to think smaller and isolate scenes within the grand landscape which you obviously have done a masterful job of. Hard to pick favorites, but I am leaning toward the first and last images. I hope 2020 treats you with a trove of images.

They’re all good, Lon. # =1 is incredible! Happy 2020 to you .

A brilliant, highly creative set of images, Lon. I also see #1 as exceptional. Makes me want to experience a snowstorm in the Valley!

Lon, I just love that first image! A favorite for me even though these are all really nice images. Some nice work!