Luminous

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Deep in the Olympic Rainforest - cool, damp , green, silent solitude

Specific Feedback

all comments welcome

Technical Details

unavailable

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

I love this Image. I could walk right in.
The framing of the closest elements works excellently. Color harmony is very effective.
I have now put Olympic Park on my bucket list.
Thanks

Sandy, I love the light in your image and therefore the whole image. Maybe you should try to take out most of the hanging stuff on the right side, up to and including the tree trunk. Hope you can do something with my nit.

Sandy, the variety and luminosity of the greens is very engaging. It does look inviting and restful. I too wonder about the verticals along the right edge.

I recognized this as a Hoh image almost immediately. The greens here are incredible. I think they’re at the perfect color caste. Not too cool and not too warm. The X composition really works well here. I thought that the moss on the right could be cropped but that breaks down the composition.

Sandy,
The lush greens are exquisite and the light spilling into the forest is sublime! I have never been to the Olympic Rainforest, but this definitely makes me want to go. While I like this as is I could also see a crop from the right side; a twofer if you will. I hope you do not mind, but here is a repost with what I was thinking. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks! I like it!