Male Northern Harrier

D500, 500mm (300 f2.8 w/ 1.7), f4.8, 1.3200, iso450
Steigerwald NWR

1 Like

Hi Dan, love the open wing span, spread tail, and that yellow eye! No nits from me. Stunning image.

Oh boy you got a dandy shot of a tough bird to get in flight especially with such a full pose. Well done.

Best look I’ve had at the male No. Harrier, what a wonderful complete underside look, great crisp details.

Awesome pose and background! No nits from this side neither. Love it ! Hans

Real cool shot. I might blend in the OOF bluish BG patch above the right wing (left side of image)as it draws my eye.

You’re getting some good harrier shots. Outstanding look at this male. As previously stated: no nits here, just envy.

Dan, The detail, color, and comp in this are superb. I especially like the yellow eyes, beak, and talons.
Great shot.

HI Dan
This is my first look at a Male Northern Harrier or any Harrier for that matter. (thank for the photograph). The detail, control of the white and eye contact are very good. Nice work.
Peter

Hey Dan,
Great shot of the male harrier in this image. The full lit under carriage with no shadows is impressive. Beautiful symmetrical wing position, perfect head turn and a nice look at those yellow eyes and feet. Nice and sharp also. The background is pleasantly blurred with no hugely distracting issues. Where I live, it seems like there are 25 females to every male harrier. Why is that? Are they rare everywhere? Nicely done Dan.

Dan, this is great. Technically, of course, but I also have to give you credit for nailing what I find to be a typically shy subject.

Max