Male Tiger at dusk

This image was captured this month in very dark lighting conditions, all thanks to Canon 200 mm f 2 lens.

Specific Feedback Requested

XXX

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; EF 200 mm; ISO 5000; 1/250 sec. at f 2.5

3 Likes

J…the peering eyes says it all. I’m glad neither eye was obstructed by one of the foliage poking up. That may have been to your keen maneuvering or was just not an issue in the end. Another wonderful tiger image. Although at rest we can tell they’re always on guard from their intense facial expressions… :sunglasses: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Oh what a beauty. Such a glare. I just drooled over a Leica 200mm f/2.8 lens a minute ago thinking about this shot you got with a similar lens. Great gear for sure, but handled expertly by a person who knows his subjects.

1 Like

Really like this image with the foliage hiding the tiger but not really obscuring the face and eyes. You handled the lighting conditions quite well. A fine image.

1 Like

I think going with a centered comp is a nice choice in this case, as it really drags the viewer’s gaze directly into the middle to see that wonderful stare. There is an interesting divide in the foliage, however—smaller leaves in the lower half and larger leaves in the upper—that could affect that choice. If there were more of an angle in that subtle dividing line, I could actually see an off-centered comp working well while playing off that. Funny how very subtle elements can help dictate where the eye goes when exploring the frame.

1 Like