Marmalade and Pink (+revised)

Revised Version

Revision 1 (latest)

What changed: Rotated slightly and cropped

Added after receiving feedback from the community.


Here is another central crop - (Version 2) from same shoot.
The other green triffids are flower buds from same plant so left them in

Original Version

Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive

About This Image

Another composition where colours drew me to take the pic

May be slightly over sharpened in Topaz ?? - before I discovered DXR PR.
Basic edit in LR then rest in PS

These were early June days before I discovered you lot!!

Feedback Requested

Too bright?
Colours too contrasty ( choose was the fly’s not mine of course)
UK can be colourful :slight_smile:

Close up

Technical Details

Lovely shot, Huw. It looks like the same species we get in Korea. Certainly not too bright for my taste; I love bright colors. I can also see a crop in from the right to remove the brown things there, as the petals are already cropped in. Hoverflies can be very obliging subjects and seem to love bright colors too!

Huw, the colors are very nicely eye catching and, as your close-up shows, the details in the eyes are outstanding. If you have more flower below, I could see rotating this maybe 20º clockwise and moving the hoverfly off center.

Thanks @Mike_Friel and @Mark_Seaver

Here’s the crop Mark suggested,

plus another central crop from the same shoot
Huw

The original poster added a revised version of their image.