Meadowlark

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I got this guy that landed pretty close to my car and I took this shot right over my outside rear-view mirror. I’m sure if I would’ve attempted to get out that he would’ve bolted.

Specific Feedback

I decided not to clone out the OOF twigs that are angling across his rump and tail. Seems natural, and not really distracting. Yeah? No?

Technical Details

Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/2000th, f 9.0, 1125mm, ISO 1600, cropped to 4519 x 3275

1 Like

Nice pose and excellent detail , Dave. The stuff across the tail doesn’t bother be, but the bright dead grasses coming out of its back could go.

1 Like

Nice pose and detail. I like the environmental setting; the grass behind the tail feathers doesn’t bother me. Could see darkening the grass behind the meadowlark.

Seeing images aways remind me of their wonderful song. Nice, erect pose. Maybe you could consider toning down the highlights a little bit. Otherwise no wishes from my side :wink: . Cheers, Hans