Merlin-Repost

This was taken a couple weeks ago. The Merlin was high on top of a tree.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
7DII, 700mm, f/5.6, 1/320, ISO400. Photo is cropped to 44% of full frame. I removed a few small branches that were exiting the frame.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Well composed with interesting perch and pose. Good job on the detail and exposure. You might consider cloning the way the branch just below the Merlin. Just a thought.

Sweet, David. Amazing to get two Merlins posted within a week or so. Excellent detail in the Merlin and an interesting pose. I like the way the branches move into the frame. I think I’m with David Schoen here. I think I’d crop the right side in to just where that bottom branch joins and then remove it. If you don’t like the aspect ratio, you can add a touch of canvas on the left since it’s a plain white background.

I cropped a bit tighter. I Think it looks better. Good suggestion David.

Wonderful detail!! And a very interesting perch. Both are great but I’ll vote for the RP as the Merlin stands out so well. Great job!

An interesting pose and fine detail. Agree the repost looks better. Nice capture.

Repost is excellent. I like the pose and the subject works well with the high key BG…Jim