Minimulist Photographer

I am trying to teach myself digital black and white photography. Was a black and white film person for years. So to keep my digital confusion level low I am attempting to be a minimulist photographer. My equipment consist of a Nikon D750 body with a Nikkor 24-120 mm f4 zoomlens and a Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro 1:1 lens. Plus a mini and standard size tripods and a monopod. So the fun part begins for me in learning the limits I have with this gear and what will i be able to produce. Will give my best to keep you all informed of my progress in exploring black and white digital photography.

2 Likes

Hello Richard Nehring, All the best for your career. You are doing a Good job. Keep going.

1 Like

Hi Rich,

I am a Nikon shooter. I think the D750 has a Nikon Picture control setting called monochrome. If it does, you might want to give it a try. If you are using Capture NX-D for raw processing, you can always reset it back to other Nikon Picture control setting, like neutral, vivid, etc,

all the best,
Ed

Welcome Richard! We have many things in common. I, too, am a minimalist (landscape) photographer- albeit amateur. I also shoot with Nikon equipment and the same 24-120 lens. I have used this lens for 10 years now (along with a Nikon 12-24 f/4), experimented with some others, but I always go back to the 24-120.

Black and white fits the minimalist genre very well. Myself, and Iā€™m sure many others at NPN, would love to see your work, so please post your shots as you go along.