Momma angel

This morning I had the pleasure of finding a Wood Duck with 12 ducklings! I was lucky to have my camera ready when she jumped up and flapped her wings. She looks like an angel protecting her babies.

Specific Feedback Requested

General feedback is welcome. I find the bright green water and background a bit distracting so wondered if it should be toned down and how.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DMII, 100-400 f4/5.6 EF Lens at 286 mm. AV Priority. Processed in LR with AI Clear Filter applied from Topaz Studio II. Lowered some highlights and brought down some vibrance and saturation on the green in LR.

1 Like

Hi Sandy, what a wonderful image - love the pose of mama bird with the ducklings in the reflection of her wings. Great straight on catch of the adult bird in full flap. I don’t see anything distracting in the image. Great catch and well done!

1 Like

Really good job on this image. Everything came together for you including the pose, the depth of field, the excellent level of detail and getting everything in focus.

1 Like

Wonderful catch!! Perfect that she is flapping without disturbing the fantastic reflections of the youngsters! The one off to the side provides an interest that breaks up or balances the symmetry. Wonderful detail!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback.

This is so much fun ! Lovely image, Hans

1 Like