Moonrise Brooks Mountain

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The auroras
layering - auroras, mtn and hoarfrost

Creative direction

Hoping to have created a impactful image beginning with the hoarfrost finishing with the aurora

Specific Feedback

technical mainly please but whatever you feel

Technical Details

ISO 3200, F 2.8 2.5 seconds
Nikon Z9, 14-24mm at 14 mm

Description

Minus 40 - walked a mile to this location - was able to stand out there from 11- 2. Had to return to the vehicle at that point

Fortunate that the neither the camera nor battery gave up except for the zoom in button
I did have 2 spare batteries in my jacket though

1 Like

Kudos on enduring those conditions! Love the composition with the mountain and the aurora. I also love hoar frost formations and wonder how it might have looked to get down even closer to that wonderful texture? The shadows across the ice are awesome for sure, as are the subtle reflections of the sky on the frost.

Better NR on this one! The shadows on the ice are nice, but for my taste the aurora is the more interesting element, by far. But you certainly earned the right to make the image what you want!!