Morning Clouds

Alvord Desert.

D610, 24-70 @ 68mm, f5.6

2 Likes

Magical image, Dan. I originally thought I was looking at the ocean or a great lake from a boat. The cloudscape is extraordinary, you really captured some fine hues . There is a good balance but i wish the sand horizon was a bit higher higher in the photo. Nicely captured.

You went there at a good time. This pastel look is pretty unique for the Alvord Desert. It looks like a Monet. It’s funny. Everybody goes to that area to photograph the cracks in the mud but here you show the potential for other images. I like it.

You gotta love Lenticular clouds. The arrangement of the clouds and mountains in the composition is extremely well balanced, my eye just keeps wandering across the image and finding things to appreciate. Igor is right, the pastel colors in this image create a very painterly look. Great image Dan, nicely done.

I, too, thought that it was the ocean at first, especially in the thumbnail size. The sky is just super gorgeous and the size of the clouds relative to the mountain give a sense of scale in the image. I don’t see how this can be any better.

I agree with @Igor_Doncov’s comments, especially about seeing past the mud to capture that beautiful sky.

Incredible setting for such a beautiful sky!