The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.
Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive
About This Image
This is what the middle section of Mound Terrace looks like. There are lots of small (a few inches tall) terraces showing a wide variety of colors. Taken on an overcast day which lets the colors and details show well. This time of year, when the sun shines, it works its way across this spring from right to left. This area catches the sun about 10 AM. There’s an area of tall terraces out of view to the left that doesn’t catch sunlight until early afternoon. I will return to see how different the whole area looks under bright sunshine.
Feedback Requested
I’m happy with this view, which includes just a hint of the mist coming off the top and some of the dry mound in the upper right corner.
Technical Details
Camera: Canon EOS R5
Lens: RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
Focal length: 100mm
Shutter speed: 1/250s
Aperture: f/16
ISO: 800
tripod and polarizer
I like the composition, Mark, and the textures and colors really come through in the larger version. I could definitely see this one printed really large.
What an intriguing subject, Mark. I like this a lot. It might just be me (we’ll see if other recommend something similar), but the gold at the top and the water in the upper right corner take me out of the rhythm of the rest of the image. I tried a wee crop, maybe too much? Maybe not enough? Maybe unnecessary. I thought I would share it just in case. It also gets rid of the tiny dancing tree on that left side, and maybe that should be emphasized more, not cropped out?
Mark: What a magical place that one could explore for a long time, especially with cooperative light. Your knowledge of the place really helps in planning and executing your sessions. Beautiful scene superbly rendered. >=))>
I love this! All of that colour, all of those horizontal lines, and all of that texture is really great. I like that you included that upper right corner in the image as I think it adds a a bit more dimension and interest to the image. You really should think about making this into one of those 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles. That would be fun!
On a side note, I really love this are in Yellowstone. Last time I visited I thought I’d only go for a short stroll here (because I’d already been there a number of times before) but before I knew it, 3 whole hours had passed. There really is so much there, it’s incredible.
When I sit with this awhile, I think the aspect I enjoy the most is that the terracing has terracing when you look close. Fascinating formations. I really need to get there someday.