Mountain Maple

Maple branches set against reflecting oak and chestnut leaves in the mountains in Korea.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome.

Technical Details

D500 + Helios 44-2 58mm f2 lens: 1/5000 f2 ISO 200

Minor adjustments to Shadows/Highlights and Curves in Photoshop.

2 Likes

Beautiful red maple leaves set against that wonderful background, Mike. My own personal wish would be to have just a bit more of the maple leaves/branches in the frame, but understand working with what is available in a nature situation. Very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

A beautiful addition to the story of autumn. The bokeh you have with that lens make everything look as if it’s just stopped raining. Really colorful and fresh. I could see cloning over the white bit at the top of the frame in the middle. A bit of red leaves there would be nice.

Oh and I’ve been meaning to say that I hope the Halloween tragedy didn’t affect you personally in that some of your family didn’t get caught up in that. Or friends. Seriously sad.

2 Likes

Thanks @linda_mellor and @Kris_Smith . I’ve adjusted as you suggested, Kris. Thank you for your kind thoughts about the tragedy, Kris. No, no one we knew was involved - but of course the whole country is now in mourning.

1 Like

Great capture Mike and the colors work very well. The color is very nice and rich.

1 Like