Munna the grand old tiger of Kanha

Munna, the famous male Tiger from Kanha.
Having worked with film cameras and slow lenses, it is amazing to see how technology is shaping up photography.
This image was shot in quite dark conditions, after 6 p.m. in the evening, at F 2.8
Canon 5D 4; 70-200 mm IS II; ISO 5000; 1/320 sec. at F 2.8.

2 Likes

Wow Jagdeep . . … just wow! Looks like he’s right on top of you!

I agree with Linda, WOW! It is amazing how far camera technology has come. I like that it is in B&W, as it just brings out the stripes on the tiger, and the rest of his surroundings is even lest distracting. Great DOF on him with that f2.8. Excellent capture.

Just wonderful. I agree that the B&W and tight focus brings out the strips and magnifies the tiger against the out of focus trees. If anything, I’d crop slightly in order to remove some of the blurred foreground if possible. The tiger is close to the bottom already.

A great low angle for this shot, Jagdeep. The B&W works very well. I like the slight oof foreground as it accentuates the feel of being low and potential prey for this beauty. I could see cropping some off the sides, but I’m not sure it would add to the impact-just something to think about.