Nature in the City

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Is this an image which effectively makes a point ? And does it work better in colour or b & w ?

Any pertinent technical details: Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 18, 1/250 @ f8, ISO 200

A series of fairly new apartment blocks in central Manchester. Framed by an overhead tramway ( just visible to the R ) and a restored canal and walkway, they oversee a small area planted with garden shrubs. I am always intrigued by architects’ and planners’ attempts to bring nature to the city !

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Lovely image Ian from A to Z. Per the title though, rendering in black and white makes it more about the architecture than the small garden. I wonder if color would change that. Not a nit, rather interested curiosity.

Thanks for the comments, Hank. I finally settled myself for the conversion but you may be right about the colour. Colour version attached

Oh yeah! The pink side of the nearest building along with the color in the reflections indeed brings out the nature in this. Both are great, with their fates determined by your usage.

The orange light washes out the green the nature was reflecting. Not working well as a image that shows nature in the city in BW or color.

Thanks for the comment, Steve. I am trying to show that architects’ ideas about bringing nature to the city don’t usually work very well !

An interesting juxtaposition of the shrubbery with the massive squareness of the architecture, Ian. The dark plant on the left border doesn’t seem to fit well for my taste, but I’m not sure if you could crop and still retain the edge of the farthest building.