Northern Harrier

As I walked back towards car I heard this bird calling. I had walked by it. It blended in quite well. I took some shots from one location and then moved several steps to my left along the dike and took some more. A slightly different look.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
R5, 500mm +2.0 Ext., f/8, 1/800, ISO3200
Processed in LR, Cropped to 68% of full frame.

1 Like

A beautiful image, David. I like seeing her tucked down in the vegetation that way and I particularly like the half hidden perch she’s on. This image does a wonderful job of conveying harrier habitat.

I like this a lot, David. Nice head turn she gave you and I like how she blends with the vegetation.

Wow! Beautiful bird! Love the colors in the field surrounding it too. Really nice capture!

I love this too, especially how the head is turned to you. I’d be tempted to clone out the stalk crossing the bird’s wing, but I’d probably end up deciding it’s not worth the time!

Hi David, nice backwards look from the bird. I like the overall environmental scene here showing the habitat he/she prefers to hunt in. Nice details on the bird.

Hi David
The framing is great. Everything in this photograph points to the Harrier. The head turn, not bad either. Nice work.
Peter

Very nice feel to this image. Excellent detail on the hawk itself. The environment with its bright tan coloration works exceptionally well with the plumage colors. Sweet!