Northern Harrier-Repost

This Harrier hangs around a reasonably small area. There are not a lot of other harriers or owls around to bother it. And because there are not a lot of owls around there are not a lot of photographers either.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
R5, 500mm + 1.4 Ext., 1/400, ISO1600, LR, Topaz denoise and PS to remove a bit of white washing. This is a 61% vertical crop from a horizontal.

2 Likes

Very nice pose, detail, perch, and background. I really like the setting. The colors are quite different from the Northern Harriers I have been following down here below the border.

A very attractive look at the harrier. I really like the perch as well-adds a lot to the image.

Hi David,

The gray ghost looks very nice and goes well with that perch. I like this one as presented. Everything looks good…Jim

A beautiful look at this male, David. I love the pose and perch. David mentioned the color and on my screen it looks like it might have a bit of a magenta tint to it.

Thanks @Jim_Zablotny , @Dennis_Plank , @Allen_Brooks , and @David_Schoen

Here is a repost. Hopefully colors are more accurate. I dropped both blues and purples to get greys close to a photo of same bird I took yesterday.

Not sure what happened first time around. And I wondered what David was seeing and should have asked him!

Much better grays, David. This looks accurate to me. It’s a beautiful image.