Now Which Side Goes Up?

Taken at a not-too-distant Wildlife refuge a week ago. This Canadian Goose was preening and striking some really humorous poses.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. I didn’t do too much to this one except crop, adjust exposure levels and remove a few particularly obnoxious stubs of something sticking out of the ground.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I would have preferred a slight turn toward me. Does this still work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, Sony FE200-600 @ 600 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/1600, iso 2000 (finally starting to get some light and I hadn’t adjusted my iso yet), manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 3513x2811 pixels before resizing. Taken February 22nd at 10:09 am under a lifting haze.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very unusual pose and good detail. Nice capture.

This shot brought a smile to my face, Dennis. Amazing the positions that they can get into. Very nice shot.

Hi Dennis
The Canadian Goose is so common in Conn. I seldom stop to photograph them. But I think I would stopped to watch this one for awhile. Nice catch. Nice low angle and detail.
Peter