Nye Beach

I was attracted to this perspective by the quality of light

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome

Technical Details

Canon R5, 24-105mm @ 63mm, 1/250 sec, f/16, ISO 200

Don

I can see how you would be drawn to the light here as it is bright and full of energy. You can feel the light here. With that being said, what is your subject here? Besides wanting to capture the light, is there anything else you would like to convey with the elements at the time of capture? Right now the composition feels disjointed. When I look at this scene, I see those interesting patterns in the sand and the sheen on the sand look interesting. Those would be areas that I would compose my scene around then find a way to incorporate the light. I think this is more in the field practices and experience that one has to apply when capturing small/intimate scenes like this.

DT

I like the silvery light in the top half. I’m undecided about the bit of color in the bottom half. I find it interesting but there seems to be an artificial border at its top edge, as though it was painted in with a mask.

I wonder show it would look with the dark structures at the top cropped off, or at least drastically lightened.