Old Firetruck Dawn

I’ve always liked this truck out in an Eastern Oregon ghost town. As the sun was starting to come up, I decided to slap on a ND filter and get a 4 minute exposure. I was pleasantly surprised to see the sky do its thing.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments/critiques appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX 50S, GF32-64mm f/4, 4 minutes @ f/22, ISO 100, Polarizer, ND Filter (6 stop), tripod.

3 Likes

Very nice. The 4 minute exposure time really makes this. Was it taken recently? If so, surprised no smoke.

Thanks @Jim_Gavin, this was taken in February 2020, just before the shutdown. No smoke in the winter. :slight_smile:

Very cool truck! Great colors and lighting. I love how the time exposure captured the cloud movement. Nicely done!

The long exposure worked well. This turned out quite good.

David, Great capture of this old firetruck! That 4 minute exposure worked beautifully capturing the cloud movement. Nice work!

A glorious old truck and a whole bunch of extra points for thinking to do a long exposure for the sky! No nits!!

Wonderful Image, David. As others have said, the long exposure really works. The sky draws the eye into the truck and frames the image nicely. You did a fine job of combining good seeing with a sound technical decision with the long exposure.

A great image, David. A very fine car matchen by the best of light and wonderful clouds. Perfect choice of ND filter / shutter speed.