On the banks of Ramganga river.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Sometimes I like to shoot lot of environment but here I was forced to shoot like this, as it was on the other side of river.

Technical Details

Canon R 5; RF 100-500 mm; ISO 1000; 1/400 sec. at f 7.1

1 Like

This is a great shot of the environment and cat. I especially like the texture and colour of the tiger against the texture and colour of the grass. I find the pinkish area in the top right distracting. I also wonder about a different aspect ratio…I think this is 3:2…maybe 16:9 to cut off the top and accentuate the grass and river? Just a thought.

3 Likes

I agree with @Robena.Sirett (and I like the scene a lot too). I like to see images of animals in their habitat.
With a 16:9 crop you can save the top of the darker green tree left of the image center and remove most of the distracting spot.

1 Like

Hi, Jagdeep. I don’t know that I like the idea of a crop - that large tiger dwarfed by it’s habitat is a strong and pleasing message - but I do think the pinks in the URC could be toned down somewhat. Nicely seen and captured, and the water makes an agreeable bottom border. Very nice image.

1 Like