Out of the darkness #2

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image was captured last September during the workshop in Härjedalen, Sweden, that I visit every year since 2018. It was photographed in the same pond and at the same spot as this image Out of the darkness + rework taken one year before.

Specific Feedback

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X with 40-150 F.2.8 lens @ 150 mm (300mm equiv.), ISO 200 (base ISO), f/8, 1/15

I definitely like the mood and texture, but not sure about the blue reflection. Seems a bit jarring to me.

@Ronald_Murphy thanks for your kind comments. It is interesting that you point out the blue reflection at the upper part of the image. I have seen that part as one of the most beautiful parts of the image, and have not during the post-processing thought of it as something negative. But I can now see what you mean by that part not fitting in with the rest of the parts. I have to digest this and decide how to proceed with the final post-processing.

Love this image. I just commented that David deserved the editors pick but this is also deserving of that in my opinion. As always, I love the mystery that darkness contributes to an image. That touch of blue is a nice accent to a fairly warm image.

@Igor_Doncov, thanks for your kind words! The image is one of my favorites for this year.