Out With the Old . .

. . . and In With the New
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/15 @ f32
We planted this Florida Maple about ten years ago as a <10 foot sapling and now it towers a good 50 feet plus in our front yard. It always sheds its leaves late in the fall and starts to bud almost immediately after. I shot this early this afternoon hoping these buds are a herald of an early Spring. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

A real beauty, Bill. Sure encourages me if you are already getting the buds and flowers, but probably for us here in NC, we may have to wait a bit. Love how this stands out so nicely against a nice smooth BG.

This is a really pretty rendition of this flower bud and the green background works perfectly. My only thought in terms of critique is possibly cloning out the out of focus bit that sticks up (stamen?) in the middle background. Otherwise, this is a beauty!

An image of better things to come. the bg is very complimentary and the buds look like they’re spreading joy in all directions. Very nice.

These are flowers I don’t know, Bill, so it’s especially nice to see them. A very good moment to have taken this, with the stamens framing the assembly of buds in a very charming way. The gradient bg is another big plus, with its complementary shades of green.