Palm leaves

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I took this one this morning, walking in my neighborhood. I recently pulled out my old infrared camera (Canon 60D) just to shake up my habits. I’m wondering how other people will react to this one.

Technical Details

Canon 60D, converted for infrared years back.

3 Likes

I love this composition. I’d just suggest cleaning up the dark squiggles in the LRC. Maybe add a bit of contrast too, I’m not sure.

Thanks, Mike, and I agree about the squiggles. I did my best with them.

1 Like

I meant to comment here and got interrupted – I find this very engaging and the IR spectrum has given it a uniqueness – what appears at first to be brightly-exposed fronds is somehow more than what I’d expect. Nice touch!!

I could see playing with contrast further but that’s just due to the possibilities of a unique image, not a criticism.

Thanks, Diane. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is really cool Don! The overlapping leaves and the misty glow create a lot of mystery and I can just imagine myself trying to make my way through the “jungle” to see what’s on the other side. I like it a lot and infrared has always fascinated me.