Passion

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Spent time going after just what was in my yard.

Technical Details

40mm f/18 0.6 sec iso 100

Hi Mario,
that looks beautiful. I love the painterly look that you created with the ICM.

It is a pity that this yellow-red flower is so close to the left edge of the picture. I’d love to see a bit more space there. Because this area is one of the most saturated, it attracts my eye a bit.

I hope you don’t mind that I took your image and played around with it.

I simply tried to move the attention from the left edge of the picture a bit more to the beautiful center.

Your picture motivates me to go out and try ICM myself. Well done!

I do like that Jens. Looks like you just desaturated that area.

Yes, I desaturated the reds and yellows at the left edge, cloned out the small violet flower at the left edge, and added some contrast to the center of the image. The latter makes the flowers in the center pop a bit more.

Mario, what a nice ICM you created! Nothing like experimenting right from the comfort of our backyard. I’m glad to see you agreed with @Jens_Ober ‘s suggestion. Guiding the viewers’ eyes to what we intend to emphasize helps make a composition stronger. Was there some natural shade on the top area of the photo or was a vignette just added in that area? I noticed those upper corners much darker than the lower corners. I really like the explosion of emotions you created in the ICM. The title you used is very appropriate indeed.

Thank you Egidio. I did put a light vignette on.

You’re welcome, Mario. The vignette appears much stronger on the top section of the photo.

I believe it was naturally darker in the top as well.

1 Like