Pileated Silhouette

A pileated woodpecker flew by me and landed on this branch early one morning. It was backlit and it wasn’t possible for me to move to a better position. However I loved the graphic nature of the silhouette and took this image. It wasn’t until I checked on my computer when I saw some light come through the red crown feathers

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome. Should I keep the red as bright or darken it dow

Technical Details

1/250 f6.3 iso100. 600mm on full frame. Processed in LR minor adjustment to increase whites with adjustment brush for the reds. Still a full color image

5 Likes

This is a gorgeous image, Bryan. The graphics are superb and the touch of red is just right. I wouldn’t change anything.

2 Likes

Great image, Bryan. Well seen, perfectly composed. I notices the touch of red before reading your text. Nicely done!

1 Like

Wow! This is amazing, Bryan! I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

Wow!! Simply perfect, with amazing shapes. The bird landed in the perfect spot the bit of red is the icing on the cake!

1 Like

Bryan, this is sensational. Terrific silhouette and I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

If anything, I would increase the luminosity of the red to make it really stand out. Truly a terrific capture. The branch/trunk is incredibly interesting as well. The fact that you can see the tail, the beak and a foot is sensational. You had everything going for you in this shot except direct light which it turns out, is what made this image so special.

1 Like

I just love that you get the hint of red in the crown. Well-seen and executed, Bryan.

1 Like

An amazing silhoutte! The red “crown” just make the image perfect.

1 Like