Poolside

Another iPhone capture, taken at our daughter and son in-law’s house in Coxsackie, NY.

Are iPhones submersible? I suspect not, but the bottom edge was millimeters above the water!

As always, any feedback is welcome.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jim, another neat take here on this scene. I’m extremely impressed with the quality of the iPhone images. Seems to have some really nice depth to that tiny little lens…:+1:

btw: do they really have outdoor pools in NY?..:clown_face:

They do! Another iPhone capture the same day (Hudson River in the bg).

What an amazing view, Jim. In So Cal our view is restricted by all the mountains. No complaints on that POV.

Trail Images Photography
iPhone 6S

Nice take on the pool and another impressive iPhone image. I am not ready to trade in my D810, but good to know phones have come that far.

Jim, this has a nice feel, and reminds me of the old Kodachrome color. I love the reflection.
-P

My son ruined his iphone 6 a few weeks when he stepped into a hole in the McKenzie River with his waders on. I was told my iphone 8 will handle a dunking for several minutes to a shallow depth. The iphone X is waterproof.

Apparently most of the water enters around that button you push at the bottom of the iphone which depresses into the cellphone. There is no effective seal there. The newer ones work as a touch screen.

A cool perspective, Jim. I’m not sure about iPhones, but most of the android brands have waterproof cases available. I do a lot of environmental restoration work and our volunteer coordinator uses one and swears by it. She says it deteriorates and needs replacing about yearly, but that’s a lot cheaper than replacing the phone.

Jim: proof positive that today’s modern equipment doesn’t limit us in any way. Richard