Pot Luck & REPOST and another repost

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

here is the next installment of bird feeding bird. Light room and Photoshop only. No selection process. Minimal processing. I left the food in the mouth even though it may be somewhat distracting, but that’s part of the ritual. This image may be best viewed large.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Iso 6400, 400+1.4 X, F10, 4000th Sony A1

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Excellent!!! This BG is gorgeous, with just the right hint of detail and lovely color variation with a tiny touch of brown that picks up the color of the birds. I could see just a little more canvas top and bottom if you have it, and maybe a hint less on the sides, but that’s totally artist’s choice. Perfect perch!

Very cool, David. I’ve never caught an adult Chickadee feeding a youngster. Detail looks excellent. It does look as if the cheek patch on the youngster might be a little hot, but it’s hard to be sure. Chickadee cheek patches are so easy to blow out.

Fine image! a few blips around the end of the left tail (seen only on largest image) could be cleaned up. and the food burned a bit - but this is really nice.

Really nice David - love seeing this feeding interaction. You caught the perfect moment.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Composition:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical: The

REPOST for Sandy
more room, fixed tail on left, darkened food, cut back on highlights on white plumage

1 Like

David - this is perfect!
Great work!

David, I am with @SandyR-B on the repost. It is certainly special.

Excellent but there is a glitch in the added BG – a horizontal line where the tonalities don’t match. (That may be a recent bug? Did you use Generative Fill? Try it with the old reliable expanding canvas in PS with Content Aware Fill.) Several passes with a 50% opacity cloning brush (from slightly different sample points) will fix it.

You are back to your perfect BGs now – the trees are just the right distance to give a lovely, painterly bit of detail and the colors are varied and gorgeous without dominating the subjects!

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Composition:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical: The

OK, Diane, redone as you asked.
thanks for the help. very much appreciated.
Dennis is coming over tomorrow at 9am to help me.
Could we call you if we have questions?

another repost

Excellent fix on the canvas extension glitch but this version is very much more saturated, especially in the yellows. You do have the sRGB profile embedded now, but did you by any chance ASSIGN that profile? That changes the colors. You have to tell the export dialog to convert and let it do it.

Happy to be of any help… I’ll be out on a quick early errand and should be back by 9:30 – will message you my number.