Pterostigma

That marking on the wing of the dragonfly has a purpose. To counter weigh the flapping of the wings…thats a new piece of information. I thought its just a design out there …

The purpose of the pterostigma, being a heavier section of the wing in comparison to nearby sections, is to assist in gliding. Without the pterostigmata, self-exciting vibrations known as flutter would set in on the wing after a certain critical speed, making gliding impossible.

6D2, 180 Tamron, ISO800, 7.1, 1/100
Balan Vinod

Balan, thanks for the aerodynamics info. Your focus in this image fits perfectly (clearly by design) with your info. Another example of nature showing us how to engineer things. Although I doubt that the original airplane designers had dragonflies in mind., I know that helicopter designers have (and I believe, still are) studying dragonflies for improving helicopter performance and especially directional changing capabilities.

Great selective focus for the info, that I found to be very interesting, that you provided with this image, Balan. Nature has so much we can learn from, if studied.