Pterostigma II

Bit of a challenge, to get the BG color scheme. Had done this without the lens hood, and if that kind of let the two tone bg. The DF gave me about 20 minutes to work with it from all angles…

6D2, 180 Tamron, ISo800, 1/640, F8

Balan Vinod

Balan, this is a very interesting image of the ordinary Dragonfly. I had to get past the “I want more light on the eye” thought, before I could start enjoying the backlighting, and seeing the details in the wings, and the dew drops on them. I like the strands of spider web running from the stock to the DF is telling me has hung out on that stock for awhile, probably overnight. Very creative viewpoint presented here.

Balan, this works well, with sharp areas throughout the frame. The lighting does a good job of emphasizing the Pterostigma. The dew on the wing shows very well. I do think some subtle dodging of the head and thorax would be a nice improvement (just enough to make those details a bit easier to see). I can only imagine how much time you’ve spent searching for a df in just the right location for the lighting. Your time spent exploring all angles here was well worth it.

Balan: Terrific use of the backlight and the position of the wing spot in the frame. On the last post there was too much OOF for me but this looks really good. Good effort and result on this one. >=))>