Reaching for the Sun

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This area of wild flowers in Longwood Gardens is quite beautiful and offers a variety of compositions. I was drawn to this image and felt a softer view would add a bit of peace and tranquility to the image.

Specific Feedback

any and all are appreciated

Technical Details

Canon Eos 1D M2 1/16 of a sec f11 with a 28-105 lens

3 Likes

Thats a lovely composition. I lean more towards a more textured image, but this is a very artist edit and it looks great. The blurry vignette at the top and left might be a bit overdone. The dark corners look nice though.

Paul, thanks for the comments-always appreciated. Iā€™m with you on the love for texture. However, I felt that the dominant texture of the ferns drew me away from the Phlox.

1 Like

James, this is an exquisite example of texture and the play of color. I agree with @Paul_Holdorf about the blurred vignette. I wonder if there is another way to keep the focus on the Phlox by using luminance rather than texture. Have you thought about darkening rather than blurring the edges? The texture would remain, but the important focal point would still be strengthened. It might even be stronger because I am drawn to the blurred margins. I like this image. Thanks for posting it.