Red rock along the Colorado River

I never knew there were long stretches of the Colorado River in Utah that were quiet, calm, and meandering. I spent a lot of time trying different places along the river to get a good composition with river in foreground, and rocks and mountains in the background. I shot this sunset scene three different late afternoon/evenings and the light was best this day. Other times the sky was very hazy, or the setting sun in the west was behind clouds and the rocks didn’t light up.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all comments and suggestions would be welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5d IV, EF 70-200 II lens at 70 mm, f/13, 1/4 second, IS0 100

Nice tranquil scene. I would do more to bring out the warm red tones in the formations, especially in the towers. While small in the scene, I find the towers to be kind of the star of the show. Maybe crop a bit of the sky too? I like the calm mood.

Tony, the tranquility is wonderful…definitely worth a big Aaahhhh. The subtle colors and limited contrast add well to that feeling. Like Harley, I wonder about a bit more pop in the red rocks, but also wonder if that’s at least partly driven by how much pop is routinely seen in most posts from this area…

Thanks for the comments!