Reflections-1

The water was very still. I wanted to see if I could get a clear refletion while capturing the beauty of the lake and the mountains in the background. Chittenden Reservoir Vermont.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

rmalley
1 Like

Hi Richard. thanks for posting. This is a nice reflection image and I like the way the kayak slants across the frame. Two minor items: I think it would be a bit better if you’d gotten the full reflection instead of truncating the head. Most processing software these days will allow you to add a touch of canvas on the bottom, then some careful cloning could make the hat look intact. The other thing I’d do is take a touch off the left to put the rear of the kayak slightly closer to the edge of the frame than the front. That would give the illusion that there’s more room for the kayak to slide into.

I’m also moving this to the non-nature forum. Here’s the description of the Human and Fauna forum and this doesn’t seem to fit the criteria:

“This category is intended to celebrate the centuries-old close relationship between humans and many species of animals. We welcome photos of pets, domestics, animals confined in zoos, wildlife rehabilitation centers, game parks and reserves, as well as feral animals. If the photo was taken at a zoo, wildlife rehabilitation center, game park or reserve, please disclose the name of the facility where the photo was taken, as well as any other information that would be of value to those interested in wildlife conservation and education. Photos of ‘wildlife’ taken at commercial game farms are prohibited.”

Again, thanks for posting and I look forward to seeing more from you.

Now I could really enjoy a moment in that kayak! So peaceful looking. I agree with Dennis on his suggestions. I’m so glad you were able to get out and capture this shot. Must have been so nice out there.

Thanks for your helpful comments and for helping me to better understand the criteria for the Human and Fauna forum.

Dick

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like