Relaxed Leopard

Panasonic GX8, Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400

As we drove out of the camp, this leopard was lying a few meters from it’s kill. It took time to pose and didn’t mind us maneuvering the vehicle to get quite close to it.
A nice way to start our afternoon game drive :slight_smile:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Superb detail in the fur, Jaapv. I like the calm look. It must have been quite bright where it was looking with those pupils down to mere dots.

1 Like

Great eye contact and details!
A touch more room at the bottom would help.

Thank you for your comment, Jagdeep. I agree and I actually did a version like that. Unfortunately his paws are hidden behind a ridge and it made them appear strangely cut off.

Jaapv: love the direct eye contact that the leopard is making with you. My only suggestion would be for a bit more room top and bottom. Richard

Great eye contact and detail. This works, but since the tail is cut off, you might consider a vertical composition.

Lovely animal, great eye contact. I agree re. tight framing. Even if you don’t see the paws, it’s good to leave some room for them. On the colour side, the colour of the grass seems just slightly too cool for me. Maybe pull the colour temperature up just a touch?
Grt, Ingrid.

Dank voor je commentaar. Yes, I see the point about framing, but if you look closely, the paws are hidden behind a little grassy ridge. Giving more space only serves to emphasize it and, in my original frame, felt somewhat distracting. But I’ll have another look.