Renewal

One from a visit to the Redwood Coast four years ago. I took a five image vertical pano. The merging method that seemed to work best for my taste was spherical (cylindrical was a mess). I wanted to emphasize the bases of the trees growing out of the old decaying stump, so I brought the brightness up quite a bit down there, used a graduated neutral density filter in PS to bring down the upper area and topped it off by adding some fog at the top using the Graduated Fog filter from the Nik color efex package.

Dennis,

Great job depicting these towering giants and great job with the fog up top. I never would have guessed it was added; but for sure it’s very effective emphasizing the trees growing and reaching up to the fog. well done. Conservative on the colors, but this is natural and beautifully processed.

Lon

Dennis, a good job presenting these gentle giants. I think photographing in deep forests such as this has got to be a huge challenge. The varying or transitioning light top to bottom seems to work very well in this scene. Nice work here…:sunglasses:

Dennis, the tall view with the bases emphasized looks great. I find the fog at the top distracting.

I really like this - excellent work to create a very natural scene.
Sandy