Rippled Reflections

I’m sure many will know the species of the birds which are reflected here, near the mouth of a Korean river. Or at least the American close relative.

Specific Feedback Requested

The focus is not too good, I know (taken 12 years ago). However, any comments on the composition and processing would be most welcome.

Technical Details

D90 + 300mmf4 (@300mm) 1/400 f5.6 ISO 400

2 Likes

Hi Mike, I think your overall composition and color balance looks good. I like the spacing of the patterns around the water. I have no idea what bird is being reflected but the green and red colors compliment the cooler tones in the water. Nice work!

Love it, Mike. The colors and textures/patterns remind me of M.C. Escher’s Birds in Space. Very nicely seen and captured.

I really like this photo! My guess for the bird would be a scarlet macaw? I am a sucker for reflection shots, and I love the colors and patterns in this one! I think it is very nicely balanced as is, but I do wonder if you could crop off a little bit on the left hand side. There are some smaller spots of color that I might try to eliminate.

Thanks, @Alfredo_Mora, @Amy_Aiken and @linda_mellor . Here’s the bird, the Eurasian Teal:

1 Like