ROYGB ? IV got some missing friends here

I’m in the middle of a remodeling project so getting away to take photos is not easy. Here is another back yard image. 18 image stack processed in Zerene Stacker and PC CC.

What technical feedback would you like if any? I think the stack is generally pretty good. There were some far background analagous colors similar to the main stack which created some interference and I did my best to clean it us with PS. I have not used the Nikon stacking algorithm much and prefer Cam Ranger or teathered options which offer more control. It took a lot of trial and error to figure out how to get the results I wanted with the Nikon stacking firmware.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 100, 105mm macro, f3.2, 640th, D850, Stack created by D850 and processed in Zerene,

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

David the sharpness of the mass of leaves looks good. I do see some “color fringing” artifacts where I expect that oof leaf colors are left by the stacking algorithm creating a bit of a color glow where there’s a significant change in brightness or color in the background. Having done a number of these kind of detailed stacks, I can attest to how much effort they take and the frustration of how many discards there are due to slight motion and stacking artifacts. The colors both in the leaves and how they stand out against the background are lovely.

From front to back of the stack is about 2 feet. There are OOF leaves adjacent to the stack and other yellow orange leaves 300 yards in the far BG. So I am sure you can find artifact in this. The wind was also a factor; I had to wait for it to die down before starting the stacking algorithm. That took about 15 seconds and there was movement during the process caused by the wind.