Salt Lick + reworked

Beautiful rework Barbara. You can see the face details much clearer.

Thanks, it was at @Diane_Miller 's suggestion.

Hi, Barbara, I’m new to NPN today and this is the first post I’ve seen. These are both stunning. I love what you’ve done, and like one of the more recent commenters, I really like the moodiness of the original and its more organic-looking background, although they are both absolutely lovely. You’ve also given me great ideas to work with on some of my Kenya images that have less-than-optimal composition (it’s crazy that sometimes the animals in Africa are TOO close!). I really love these - great work!

Thanks Cindy, and welcome to NPN. It is a very friendly and instructive place to be. As you noted with my two images, the changes were because of the wonderful feedback I received. I do like the vignetting on the first image. As to using this method to present my African pictures, I have found it is a way to deal with backgrounds that detract from the animal. This particular picture is a tight crop that worked. I have been using a textured background with a lot of my bird pictures to focus just on the bird. Again, welcome. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

1 Like

Barbara, thank you for the warm welcome!