Serenade

This is a picture taken in the Olympics National park. I liked how the water was flowing and so I really spend some time to find a good composition since I was there by myself, I had taken pictures there before but I was awful…

Specific Feedback Requested

I would definitely be opened for feedback on composition and post processing.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

francisagbotonphotography
1 Like

I really like this with a few tweaks. SS looks good, water has some texture and is not blown out. The greens really pop. I think comp can be improved by a little crop from the left and to me processing looks great except for the dark rocks in LR.

5 Likes

Beautiful scene, lush. I think the crop by @Michael_Lowe reduces a distraction in the LL. Vibrant yet soothing.

A very nice image. I agree with the comments given by @Michael_Lowe and @Mario_Cornacchione. I want to emphasized that IMO you have handled the light very well, the only improvement as pointed out by Mike would be to brighten a little bit (no to much!) the rocks in the LRC.

Mike’s rework is spot on. What a terrific location. I like the warmth in the trees and the lush greenery all around. Scenes like this one are irresistible. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lush and luminous. I like this a lot Francis.

What a lush and vibrant environment. Your processing of color in the yellow/greens is very well done. And kudos to you for recognizing the foreground potential of the vegetation in the lower left corner. Here’s another vote for liking the rework by @Michael_Lowe , both on the crop and adding some more detail in the dark rocks. These tweaks take an already good image up another notch or two.

Thank you all for the constructive feedback and I will make those adjustments as suggested by @Michael_Lowe .