Shipwreck Beach

Wish I were there again … Kauai

1 Like

Beautiful golden colors here. I like how the dark clouds more or less mimic the dark rocks in the foreground. Also how the layers are alternately dark and light. Nicely captured.

Nice presentation with the essentially monochromatic warm tones…there are a few spots in the mid-ground ocean waves that lack color, and neighboring areas with heavier color, such as near the edges. Pretty scene!

As @Jim_McGovern said, you have some very interesting monochromatic warm tones in the image. The color is strong, but not over-saturated, so for me this works pretty well. Normally I’d like to see the shadows a bit cooler (such as in the foreground rocks). But since this is such a monochromatic image for creative effect, I think having the warmer shadows works in this case.

My only suggestion relates to how you composed the foreground rocks. Cutting off the reflection of the rock in the LRC feels slightly awkward to me. And as a matter of personal taste, I would prefer to see slightly more of the rocks in the center and on the left, they feel slightly cramped. I wish you had gone wider and picked up more of the foreground.

The warm tones are quite lovely here and I can see why you would want to go back, Dick. The drama in the sky contrasts beautifully with the calm stillness of the large pool of water. Looks like a great way to end the day.