"Sister Golden Hair"

Laura, no worries. I’m sure @Steve_Kennedy forgives you and will still comment… :grin: I’m unable or don’t know how to remove it either. I’ll tag @David_Kingham and maybe he knows how, or has the power to remove/change emoji’s. But no biggie Laura! And thanks for commenting and also letting Steve know if was an accident!

Mike and @Steve_Kennedy , great observation! In fact, my first post here, “Feather River” was also a multiple motion exposure! In this particular case, not to get too in the weeds, but the motion of the ripples of the calm, morning bay, I don’t believe impacted the outcome of this image. Couple things, the exposure was more to handle the very bright reflection and thus the water itself goes dark (hence the very dark bg in the image) and so mtion of the waves is nearly insignificant. And then the other factor, I think, is the motion of the camera is faster than the motion of the incoming waves and so again, don’t think that had an impact on the highlights being captured. But for sure, it makes for a good discussion point on technique. I’m gonna think on that. thanks for the comments!

Lastly,

Matt, I would be even more impressed if this was horse hair! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Fantastic image Lon, it really does look like hair!

All you have to do is hover over the like button, then you can change it to something else! Or just click it again to remove the one you selected.

CleanShot 2022-07-23 at 12.17.26

@David_Kingham Sure, David, I tried doing just that from the outset but neither works. No options pop up when I hover over the angry emoticon on the left, and when I hover on the one on the right (to the left of the bookmark) a message pops up saying: “You can’t remove this reaction”.

I looked into this, and it appears the software gives you a 10-minute window to change or remove the reaction. I’ve set this to unlimited now, and you should be able to change it, but you may need to refresh the page.

1 Like

Hey, it worked! Not a big deal, but it’s great to have things working in the expected way :smile: :+1:

The single ‘hair’ in the lower right corner is anything but a ‘distraction’. In fact…, for me it pretty much saves that corner from becoming rather ineffective negative space…bordering on slipping into deadspace territory.

If anything, I think it might be interesting to see the shadows in that corner be pulled up a bit more. Not convinced that would make it a ‘better’ image, but I think there’s room to investigate the possibility.

1 Like

Hi Lon,

I was completely perplexed by what it was that you photographed until you posted the sequence that led to this final photograph . Very creative and creatively seen as well. But then again, your work is always an inspiration. Its funny how the format we work in allows, or should I say dictates, what we are willing to photograph. If you were still using the LF camera and film, would you have been as willing to expose that many sheets of film to arrive at this result? Or for that matter, the camera probably would not have even let you move it the way you did.

1 Like