Siuslaw AM

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Processing recommendations?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Composition? Also, do people react at an infrared image as “legitimate,” or does it instead seem “gimmicky?”

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Infrared converted camera.

2 Likes

Welcome to the NPN community Mark. Perhaps a little more information; where this was taken, the equipment used, settings etc.would be helpful. However, beyond that, I like the feeling and composition of the photo. I don’t know much about infrared images, maybe some of the others can help with that. Looking forward to more of your work.

Hi and welcome Mark!
You present a nice scene here! Nice contrasts and a I like how it is composed and how the frame is filled. Infrared images are not really my thing, but that’s personal, as many things. :wink: I agree with @linda_mellor that some more information can help. Is it a single exposure?
I would maybe clone out the upper piece of grass that creates a very bright little line, and the reflections suffer from some wide angle distortion on the left edge.

Mark, very nice infrared image. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Welcome to NPN, Mark. Your first post looks good and does not strike me as gimmicky. It can work well and it can also look overdone to me, this being the former. I like the comp, giving me the feeling of peeking out to a real nice scene. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work and reading your comments.

Thank you Ron. This file is from a Fuji XT-2 with a sensor converted for full spectrum capture. An external 720nm filter has been used to achieve sensitivity to the infrared spectrum. Processing in Lightroom. ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/55 sec, 18mm (35mm equivalent)

Welcome to NPN! This is a great wide angle landscape image. I didn’t know it was infrared nor do I care. The scene, the composition, the technical details are excellent. Adding shot details (camera and lens make, focal length, aperture, filters, etc.) is recommended. Many members are interested in the details. We are also interested in any story about the image. Nice first post!

Beautiful image! Well done. Likewise, I had no idea it was infrared…