Peaceful morning

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Interest, composition, technical

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
720nm IR converted A7R, 24-105mm FE4 lens, 81mm, 1/125sec at f/9.0. Post processing mostly LrC and PsC and luminosity masks.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

ig IzzyKap1

1 Like

oh wow Izzy!! This is superb - I dont have any cc on this, I love the effect and the processing. The IR has made it look like a snowy winter scene. The placement of the Heron is outstanding.

I have just noticed two things and they are minor (very minor). I wasnt looking for the specifically but i noticed it when I opened the image up to full screen. The image is ever so slightly not level. I noticed that the upright on the structure is slightly not vertical. I have annotated it in red. There is a small black distraction at the bottom of the frame (bottom left) I have cloned it out to illsutrate, but could also crop in a touch from the bottom.

I must say this is a really beautiful image and also welcome to NPN!! :slight_smile:

Eugene

1 Like

Thank you very much, Eugene! I really appreciate your comments and agree with the points that you’ve made and will make the corrections which you have suggested. Regards, Izzy

1 Like

Izzy,

First of all, welcome to NPN! Wow, what a terrific first post. Honestly, I didn’t catch the “IR” info the first go 'round, so I was quite content with a “winter wonderland” presentation… Regardless, this works beautifully. And actually, I can’t see any reason why this can’t be represented as a “winter wonderland” image.

The composition is excellent. I didn’t notice and don’t think it’s an issue re: the slight rotation, but Eugene did catch that!

If I was to suggest anything, it would be two things. First, i would suggest burning down, or otherwise dropping the exposure and increasing detail in the spit of land with the egret. It’s not that it’s too bright, but looks a tad bright and lacking some detail/texture. Not a huge deal tho.

The second thing and also pretty minor. My thought would be to shave just a little off both the bottom and the top. The top, just to eliminate the patch of sky in the URC (upper right corner) And maybe some off the bottom just to make it a more narrow landscape format.

A beautiful image no matter how you slice it.

Lon

1 Like

Thank you very much, Lon. Points well taken.