Sunrise in the Fall

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Processing fog, if any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Leave the surreal early morning look with all that fog ?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Taken in Vermont attempting sunrise - got a bit more cloud than I would have liked, but the low fog made up for it
Pano from 2 images ( landscape mode ) - minimally processed in LR

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is lovely. The pano aspect ratio beautifully accentuates the horizontality of the image and your choice to stay with the cool blues strengthens that early morning pre-dawn feel. You might consider a bit of split toning or light painting to add a touch of red/gold in the sky, its reflection and perhaps just where the light is beginning to hit the trees along the horizon. One thing I’d beg of you would be to get rid of the water mark. It has so much visual mass that it drags my eye to the upper left corner entirely against my will and undermines your very beautiful image.

1 Like

This is very nice, Karl. It does speak to a cool predawn vibe. At first, I thought about reducing the blues a little, but I like it as is. I do agree with Kerry that bringing just a hint of color to the sky and reflection might be worth a try.

1 Like

I like the blue hour light that you captured with this image. This has a serene feel to it and I like the mood created by the cool tones in the image. The fog and mist enhance the mood. I also like your choice of the panoramic format. Well done!

1 Like

I think this is nicely done and very nicely processed, Karl. The blue is just beautiful and calming.

1 Like

Karl,

Simply beautiful. So serene. The processing is excellent and really enhances the mood and I’m guessing the experience of the moment.

No suggestions. Wonderful image

Lon

1 Like