Sky Clearing over the San Juan Mountains

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

When I am out scouting for images and cloud cover is breaking, I have a tendency to blurt out “Light them up up!” And so they did as I stood on Colorado Route 145, south of Telluride. Why the skies did not always cooperate that morning, I was at the right place, right time for this image.

Technical Details

1/160 sec f/11 ISO 64 Nikon Z7 24-70 f/4 @37mm PP in PS

Very nice Gary.

I like all of the opposing curves…the road curving up, the foreground hill curving up L to R, the mid-ground hill arching over.

The golden foreground light through the tress and the shadows on the road are great.

Technically its hard to comment but at 100% zoom it still looks pretty good. The image can appear to be lopsided but I’m sure that’s due to the weight on the RHS. To my eye the road and verge look a bit like a model.

1 Like

I can see why you were cheering the light Gary; it really sets off the foreground. I really enjoyed looking at the full-size image; it has an immersive quality that makes me feel like I’m there, and the details on those distant mountains sing.

1 Like

The light is really excellent here. Just shows you how important it is.

1 Like

This image needs to be viewed LARGE. Great light and the pano format suits the expansive landscape.

1 Like

I appreciate everyone’s comments, thanks much. I’ve settled in with a “light touch” for the most part in editing.