Light and Geometry

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Interestend in critique of the colors, I always struggle with balancing them

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

What´s your view in composition. My aim was to create a simple image with the geometric pattern between the aspens and the light as main subject.

Any pertinent technical details:

Sony a6300, Tamron 28-75 at 75mm, f/8, 1/750s, ISO 100

As I was taking the grand vista of Wilson Peak from the Last Dollar Road near Telluride, Colorado, saw how the light was hitting the crest of the hill in front of me and how it was creating sort of a mirror of the yellow aspens in the background. I liked how the line of aspens and the light created a zig-zag across the image.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A pretty striking image and the light is nice…
I think bringing up the far ridge a bit would make it pop a bit more.

1 Like

I really like simple and striking compositions and this one is really nice, I agree the second ridge could be brought up a bit along with the darkest back slope.

Thanks for the comments @Dan_Kearl and @Alan_Kreyger. When you say to bring up the far ridge you mean the crop or the shadows to have more details there?

Jose, I was referring to decreasing the shadows on the second ridge and increasing the highlights a bit. For the back slope I would like to see a little more detail in the shadows.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for the input. :slight_smile:

Jose,

The composition is excellent and I think you’ve done a fantastic job highlighting the lines, diagonals to the same extent, the geometry of it all.

Starting with the light on the foreground ridge, I think the light/exposure is just right. I think the mid ridge could use a little pop; perhaps saturation, but maybe just luminosity. and the bg ridge is too dark for my taste in which others I think are trying to say.

This has great potential and you’re starting with a rock-solid comp.

Lon

1 Like

Jose, I can’t stop looking at this image. The light and lines are so interesting. I agree with the others about the center and BR ridges. Nice job.

1 Like

This is a strong, striking image. Great lines, shapes and color and very dramatic.