Small Burren Landscape

Weekly Challenge

Autumn Underfoot
9/27/26 - 10/3/26
Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive

About This Image

This image was taken 2 weeks ago near the Burren National Park in Ireland. This unique landscape is known for its small rocky landscapes. Over 70% of Ireland’s species of flowers and plants are found in The Burren.

Feedback Requested

I am just wondering if the compositions of the rocks surrounding the plants is appealing.

Technical Details

Camera: NIKON D5600
Lens: 18.0-300.0 mm f/3.5-6.3
Focal length: 44mm
Shutter speed: 1/125s
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO: 500

Tripod/handheld: Handheld
Focus method: Auto
Filters: Polarizer
Technique:
Conditions: Raining

Mike: An inviting scene and a good comp. Using a polarizer on a scene like this is a good call. I do think you need more DOF as the rocks especially look a touch soft. It looks like your focus point is the moss and leaves in the center and the rocks have fallen out of focus just enough to be noticeable. >=))>

I do like the composition of the rocks, Mike. The veins of greenery going through them add great accents, though they do look a bit oversaturated-but then Ireland is known for it’s greens, so they could be accurate. I think stopping down to get more depth of field might have been an interesting option as some of the greenery falls out of focus, which my eye would really like to have in focus.

I might try a vignette here and see how you like it.