Sparklers

I wanted to convert the original image to black and white, but after converting it, I just couldn’t
get it to look like I envisioned. So, I just started playing around with it. Not sure the exact sequence, but I know that I made the blacks white and the whites black and moved some things around in the blue channel in Curves. Suddenly, I got this and thought, "Wow!"

3 Likes

Wow is right! Chris, this is way too cool. I’m glad that you provided the original so we can see what you started with, and came up with these Sparklers.

Thanks, Shirley. I’m glad you like it as much as I do. It’s not my usual style.

1 Like

I’ll echo Shirley’s comment: very cool. Good processing job and well titled.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Chris, there’s a great “Wow” factor here. The bright blue halos around the spreading golden lines sure do look like fireworks bursting.

Thank you, Mark. Sparklers was my first thought when I saw it.

Fantastic Chris. You’re an inspiration for me to try a couple of “unique” techniques. Thanks.

I’m glad you like to, Linda. I think it gave me inspiration to try new techniques, also.

1 Like

Never a dull moment.

I have no idea how it is even possible to get from the original to the final, but it sure is a gorgeous final image.

Thank you. I doubt that I could do it again.

This is terrific! Cow parsnip? I’ve been looking under the blooms, thinking that would be an interesting vantage point but I don’t think I’d come up with anything quite as interesting!

Thanks, Anna. Cow Parsnip or Wild Parsnip are names I’ve heard associated with the plant. The blooms have nice patterns. Have you ever noticed the plant as it starts to unfurl in the spring? Looks rather alien-like.

The transformation is incredible. My guess was going to be Queen Anns Lace but Cows Parsnip looks right to me.

Thank you for your comment. Queen Anne’s lace is smaller. The Cow Parsnip is tall enough that I didn’t have to get down on the ground to photograph it. Always a bonus :blush:

1 Like

What an incredible transformation. I never would have guessed the final image could’ve originated from the original. Great work, Chris.

Max

Thanks, Max. It is an extreme transformation.

What an amazing accident! I just love your rendering, Chris. The colors on this absolutely pop with nearly no shadows whatsoever.

I wonder if this result has you thinking about applying the sequence of processing steps to any other images in your library and if so, care to share?

Thanks, Matt. If I can make something like that happen again, I will share.

1 Like