Fireworks

This is another of my favorites taken with my 100mm macro lens. It was taken one of the first times I went out with the lens. I was excited about this result from the new lens, but have since realized how far I have to go to be consistent.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

1/500 sec. @ f5.0, ISO 320

4 Likes

Can totally see why this is one of your favorites, Chris. It is stunning. The bit of detail, combined with the OOF portions, of the flower make this an outstanding choice!

Wow. Chris this is really stellar.

Hi Chris,
I can see why you were excited, this is really cool and “Fireworks” is a good title.
The green OOF leaves or stems look like they’re trailing off of a spinning ball and you managed to get a neat stop action shot of it.
When I first saw this, I wondered how you got this effect, it is a creative way of using something that we generally try to avoid (shallow DOF).
Anyway, I love the colors, too.

This is a very interesting macro, Chris! The blurred outer parts make it look like it was caused by motion and makes it look like an explosion! The title is very appropriate :grin: In this case, the shallow DOF loses the details but adds to the artistic feeling. The only thing I would suggest is darkening the stems/leaves in the upper left and lower right to put more focus on the ‘explosion’.

@David_Bostock @Merv @linda_mellor Thank you all for your comments!

@Gary_Minish Thank you for the suggestion.